0 Asian Persuasion

>> Sunday, January 2, 2011







Please click tag to view full size.


This tutorial was written by me on 1 January 2011. Any similarity to other tutorials is not intentional.



Supplies:


Tube of Choice. I am using the art of Alain Viesca. I purchased this tube when Alain was licensed with MPT. I don't know that he sells tubes any more.

Scrapkit - I used a fantastic kit called Asian Persuasion by Sarah at Pimp My Tags. You can purchase it HERE


Filters - Xero Porcelain, Xero Porcelain, Mura Meister Copies.

Mask - WSL mask 80 and 81, you can download them HERE.



Let's start!

Open a new canvas 700 x 700, floodfill white.

Copy and paste frame 2. Using your selections tool, draw a rectangle in the middle of your frame or use your magic wand & ensure to get all the gaps where the ribbon crosses the frame. Copy and paste paper 4 as a new layer, selections, invert, delete, select none.

Copy and paste your tube, erase any that is hanging over the frame at the bottom. These steps really depend on the tube you're using, but I duplicated the frame and placed one frame above my tube and the other below it then erased some of the top frame that covered my tube.

Effects, Xero Porcelain on the tube layer and drop shadow.

Copy and paste the crane, re-size 70%, image mirror.

I used the bamboo alpha for my name.

Copy and paste another paper above your background layer & load WSL mask 80. Re-size 80% and move to the top left. Duplicate, image mirror, image flip and place on the bottom right side of your tag.

Copy and paste the Asian letters. I used a few of them then merged the layers together. Duplicate and move the duplicate above your background layer. Hide the duplicate for now. On the original copies layer, effects, mura meister copies using the default settngs for tiling but change the tile gap to 2.

On your paper layer, selections, select all, float, defloat, selections invert, and on your Asian letters layer, delete, select none.

Unhide the copied Asian letters layer and load WSL mask 81.

Copy and paste some elements, I used deco2 the bow, and some flowers. Drop shadow.


Add your artist's copyright & you're finished!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Customization - Installation and Graphics by Krissy's Scraps 2011

Back to TOP