0 Emo Certified

>> Sunday, April 17, 2011



Please click tag to view full size.

This tutorial was written by me on 17 April 2011. Any similarity to other tutorials is not intentional.

Supplies:

Tube of Choice. I am using an awesome Pics for Design (PFD) artist, verymany. If you want to use the same tube you must purchase it, and a license to use it at PFD

Scrapkit - I used an awesome new kit called Emo Certified by my all time favourite scrap maker, Kittz which you can download HERE Thanks Kittz!!


Template - I used template 45 by Tamie, which you can download HERE I just love Tamie's templates!



Filters - Xero Porcelain and Radiance, Eye Candy 4000 gradient glow, Penta Jeans and Tramages Tow the Line


Font of choice, I used Amaze.


Let's start!

Open the template in psp, shift D to duplicate it and close the original. Delete the top credit layer and the pixel words layer. Image, canvas size, increase to 700 x 700, we will resize later. When ever you use templates, remember to change the resolution to 72 dpi, and the size to 100%. Most PTU artist's TOU state that tags are to no bigger than 72 dpi.

I always start at the bottom layer when I use templates. What I do is - selections, select all, float, defloat and either copy and paste a paper or make a new layer and fill with a colour or gradient. If using a paper, I then selections, invert delete, and delete the original layer. If I use a gradient then I still delete the original layer.

Here is what I did for this tag:

Big Circle - paper 6 resized 85%. Tramages Tow the Line settings 80, 54, 48, 9.
Gradient Glow, drop shadow.

Strip - Paper 4, Strip 2 Paper 2. Gradient Glow using different colours matching your tube.

Rectangle - New Layer and floodfill with a gradient using 2 colours from your tube. My gradient was at angle 45 and 1 repeat, invert unticked. Gradient Glow & drop shadow. Penta Jeans settings 20, 4.

Rectangle 2 - Paper 1, Gradient Glow and drop shadow.

On the small circle layer, copy and paste the Emo Cerified Button, re-size 70%, drop shadow.

Rectangle 3 - Paper 5, Gradient Glow and drop shadow.

Rectangle 4 - Paper 3, Gradient Glow and drop shadow.

Circle - New Layer & floodfill with your gradient, don't deselect but copy and paste a close up of your tube. Selections, invert, delete. Effects Xero Porcelain 20, 128, 128, 0, 0. Duplicate the tube layer, and on the copy, adjust blur, gaussian blur 3. Change the blend mode to soft light. On the original, change the blend mode to Luminance Legacy. Penta Jeans on the original, same settings used earlier.

Copy and paste your tube, re-size 75% if using the same I used. Effects Xero Radiance 134, 110, 72 247 or play around to get something you like.


Now it's time to make your tag your own by adding different elements, choose the ones you like, or use mine. This is what I used & how I re-sized:

skulls 35%
Backstage Pass 65% - I rotated this slightly
e-44 skull 50%
e- 63 ribbon
e-57 doll 80%
e-66 charm 80% twice
e-70 butterfly 50% then 75%
e-40 dots and stars

Add some sparkles!!!

Add your name and give it a gradient glow.

Add your artist's copyright & you're finished!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Customization - Installation and Graphics by Krissy's Scraps 2011

Back to TOP